Trenchless Pipe Repair: UV Lining
Through the years, your sewer pipes could age and get damaged. With this, it would be necessary for you to have it repaired immediately since water is essential in our daily lives. There are different methods these days where you can have your sewer pipes either replaced or relined. Although these two have one goal which is to repair your pipes, they come in different methods. The traditional way of replacing pipes could create a huge destruction to your property and neighbourhood and you could use up a lot of money in this procedure. It requires a lot of digging which could destroy your property. Unlike the traditional method, UV pipe lining has been widely used by contractors since it requires less digging and less work. Most homeowners are attracted to choose this method due to the numerous advantages that it can provide.
UV pipe relining is a method where a pipe liner is installed with a glass reinforced plastic (GRP) within the damaged pipe. This material has the ability to make your original pipe stronger than before. The new pipe material can create a strong, durable and a tough lining which would increase the lifespan of your pipe. Aside from this, it also has the ability to increase it flow capacity.
Advantages of UV Pipe Lining
- This is a ‘no dig’ or a ‘trenchless’ technology that has a minimal disruption and excavation cost.
- It is best suited for lining pipes that have common damages such as root intrusions, leaking joints, displaced/open joints, fractures and cracks. These damages can result in an endangering groundwater and an ex-filtration of efficiency in sewage treatment plants.
- It can increase the lifespan of your pipe since it is a tough, durable and a strong lining.
- Unlike the traditional pipe material, it is strong and flexible enough that it doesn’t break when there are normal underground movements.
- Industry professionals such as Architects, Loss Adjusters, Civil Engineers, County Councils and Insurance Surveyors widely accept this type of pipe lining method.
- They use high-quality materials in curing your pipes which are stronger compared to the original pipe.
- It is time – effective since it will only take up to three hours of installation. With this, you can use your pipes immediately without waiting for a long time. In addition to this, you will also be paying less for the total time of labour.
- UV pipe relining is also cost effective since it requires less digging. For the whole process to be through, it will require a few labourers to operate the large machine. And by this, you will pay less on the labourers.
- Once relined, the capacity of flow of water is increased and improved.
- Compared to the traditional pipe replacement, UV pipe relining is the best solution to avoid high priced repairs. You won’t need to spend a lot of money on this repair.
- This pipe lining method has a high resistance to high temperatures and harsh chemicals.
- All the materials and types of equipment used in this pipe lining method conform to legislation.